- We believe in one God, revealed as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Deu. 6:4; Joh. 1:1; I Cor. 13:14
- We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ was begotten, not created, very God of very God, truly God, truly Man.
- He was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died a vicarious and atoning death for the sins of the world, resurrected bodily for our justification, and now reigns in glory until all things be put under His feet. I Tim. 3:16
- We believe in the absolute inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, given by the Holy Spirit without error, as He moved upon holy men of old.
- Furthermore, we believe that the Church has no authority to establish doctrine or practice contrary to these same scriptures, which were subsequently accepted as canon by the early Christian Church. II Tim. 3:16
THE HOLY SPIRIT
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells all believers, conforming them to the image of Jesus Christ. I Cor. 12:13; Rom. 8:16 – 17
- We believe that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is an endowment of power, subsequent to conversion, given by God to anoint the believer for sanctification and evangelism.
- It is our understanding that the supernatural charisma of the Holy Spirit is active within the body of Christ until the coming of the Lord.
- Furthermore, we believe that the development of the charismatic gifts ought to be encouraged under the guidance of local church authorities. Acts 8:14 – 17; Acts 19: 1 – 2; I Cor. 12: 4 – 7
- We believe that man was made in the image of God and is the crown of creation. He is now, by reason of the fall, spiritually depraved and alienated from his Creator. Apart from God’s grace, he has no ability to attain to his high calling. Psa. 8; Eph. 2:8-9
- We believe that justification is by grace through faith in our Lord’s sacrifice on Calvary. Rom. 3:21-24
- We believe that all of God’s people are to be buried with our Lord Jesus Christ in the waters of baptism, subsequent to conversion. Mat. 28:19; Acts 2:38; Rom. 6:4
- We believe that those who are called by the name of Christ should depart from iniquity. Understanding that salvation from the penalty of sin only begins the process of redemption, we acknowledge that one of the works of the Holy Spirit is to create in us the character of Christ. II Tim. 2:19
- We believe in the priesthood of the believer. This is to say, all people born of God have equal status before, and direct access to, their Lord. I Pet. 2:5
- We believe that the identity of the Body of Christ on the earth is primarily perceived through the local church. While encouraging the voluntary association of local churches, and recognising the need of consensus on matters of fundamental doctrine and conduct, we strongly confess the local church to be sovereign and autonomous. Rev. 2:1 – 3:22
- We believe that the calling of the Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher are functional within the Body of Christ until the Lord’s return. Furthermore, these ministries are gifts to the Church for the purpose of equipping the saints for the work of ministry, that the body of Christ may be edified. Eph. 4:11 – 16
- We believe in the Holy Christian Church, imperfectly represented on earth, by the various Christian institutions. Her unity is spiritual, her culture diverse and transitional and her mission eternal. Heb. 12:18 – 23
- We believe in the right of local churches and ministries to form temporal institutions to assist them in carrying out the work of God. At the same time, we reject sectarianism and divisiveness as great evils.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all who are born of God. We confess even those with whom we disagree, those who do not confess us, and others who we exclude because of our wilful ignorance. I Cor. 12:12 – 14
- We believe in the literal second coming of our Lord, the literal rule of Christ upon the earth, the resurrection of the regenerate to eternal life and the unregenerate to eternal damnation and the victory of the eternal Kingdom of God. Acts 1:9 – 11; Dan. 12:2; Rev. 22:1 – 7
- We believe Marriage is ordained of God and it is a covenant between husband and wife.